The 12th Edition of the Baseball Prospectus Annual is now shipping...
The Baseball Prospectus 2007 Annual, ranked currently as the 15th best-selling book at Amazon.com and the #1 best-selling sports book is now available and shipping . Rob Neyer and I will doing a book signing and Pizza Feed in Portland, OR. on March 17th, and there is a host of signings and Pizza Feeds going on around the country, as well.
Is it chocked full of data and well written essays? At 601 pages, you can count on it.
For those that are interested in the business of baseball, Neil deMause and I team up for, You've Brawn, I've Got the Brains, Let's Make Lots of Money. The essay is split into the following:
- The New Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Four Teams Get New Stadiums (and the Royals Get a Rehabbed One)
- The New National Television Agreement with Fox and Turner Sports
- Fantasy Sports Company Wins First Round in Court
- MLB Advanced Media Continues to Grow
- Ticket Resale Becomes Big Business
- Why the Sale of the Braves as not Been Completed
Add to this, Will Weiss has an essay on the environmental impact of more than 2,400 MLB games that are played every year.
Did I mention PECOTA ratings for every player, plus the Top 100 Prospects from Kevin Goldstein?