The advent of social media has been extraordinary in how it lets fans, media, and athletes have direct contact.
With MLBâ€™s All-Star Game in Phoenix on Tuesday, we thought the idea of having a party was in order, and social media is the driver.
Tonight at 7pm, just after the All-Star Futures game, we encourage you to attend the â€śTweetup at the All-Star Gameâ€ť. Fans, media, and (hopefully) athletes will gather to mingle, while media and others take questions via Twitter. All anyone on Twitter that wishes to get in on the fun has to do is add the hashtag #ASGTweetup to their tweets.
WHEN: Sunday, July 10 (7pm MST/10pm ET after the Futures game)
WHERE: Coach and Willies (admission is free!)
412 South 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 (just south of Chase Field, over the railroad tracks)
(Google Map llnk with details)
Google Map image of the location for the All-Star Game Tweetup. Just south of Chase Field (see A)
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
WHO: Scheduled guests to appear
- Jim Duquette - Former GM Mets and Orioles, currently with MLB Network Radio
- Eric Fisher - SportsBusiness Journal (Covers MLB)
- Cory Schwartz - Fantasy 411, head of statistics (for MLB.com)
- Bill Ladson - MLB.com (covering the Nationals)
- Ben Goeslling - MASN (covering the Nationals)
- Matthew Leach - MLB.com (covering the Cardinals)
- Mike Ferrin - Radio personality, MLB Network Radio (calling Futures game)
- Brent Gambill - Executive Producer, Social Media Director for MLB Network Radio
- Barry Bloom - MLB.com
- Jesse Sanchez - MLB.com
- Maury Brown (Host) - President, Business of Sports Network, Forbes SportsMoney
MORE GUESTS BEING ADDED RIGHT UP TO THE EVENT!!!
HOW: The panel of guests will take questions and comments via Twitter and in person. Those on Twitter, use the hashtag #ASGTweetup. A large HD monitor at the event location will show just tweets with the hashtag #ASGTweetup, so make sure and add it.
Note: Event not affiliated with Major League Baseball
In Phoenix? All are invited. Hope to see you there!
SPECIAL BUSINESS OF SPORTS NETWORK REPORTS:
The Labor Battle in the NFL. See BizOfFootball.com for details
Welcome to the 2011 Business of Sports Network Autism Challenge
Maury Brown is the Founder and President of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball and The Biz of Hockey, as well as a contributor to FanGraphs and Forbes SportsMoney. He is available for hire or freelance. Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
Follow The Biz of Baseball on Twitter
Follow the Business of Sports Network on Facebook