The Phillies fought off elimination last night, and the Yankees will try to do the same tonight against the Rangers (8pm ET on TBS). But, fans are already thinking ahead to the World Series, which will start next week in San Francisco or Philadelphia on Weds. With that, here's what tickets are going for on the ticket resale market based on * FanSnap, a online ticket comparison shopping site, as of yesterday.
- Phillies = $1,597
- SF Giants = $1,431
-TX Rangers = $1,081
- Yankees = $847
In terms of how ticket sales are going for the remaining LCS games...
ALCS tickets in Texas
- Game 6 tickets average $223 (lowest price tickets are $83)
- Game 7 tickets average $305 (lowest price tickets are $85)
There are more than 11k tickets currently listed for Game 6 and more than 17K tickets listed for Game 7.
NLCS tickets in Philly
- Game 6 tickets average $437 (lowest price tickets are $168)
- Game 7 tickets average $514 (lowest price tickets are $178)
There are more than 6k tickets currently listed for Game 6 and more than 5k tickets listed for Game 7.
* Fans use FanSnap to shop 50+ secondary market ticket sites for the best deals on sports, theater and concert tickets. Of those 50+, 17 are listing tickets for the ALCS in Texas.
Maury Brown is the Founder and President of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball and The Biz of Hockey, as well as a contributor to FanGraphs and Forbes SportsMoney. He is available for hire or freelance. Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
Follow The Biz of Baseball on Twitter