Damn Yankees? Of the 4 LCS teams in 2010, the Bronx Bombers are posting,
not the most expensive, but lowest average ticket price on the resale market.
The Phillies, with Roy Halladay pitching only the second no-hitter in postseason
history, are leading for most expensive resale tickets (Source: FanSnap)
Some might look at these numbers and say we’ve entered Bizarro World. Of the four LCS teams (Phillies, Giants, Yankees, Rangers), the vaunted New York Yankees are not the highest priced tickets on the resale market, but rather the lowest of the four.
According to ticket comparison company FanSnap, at $276, the Yankees have the lowest average ticket prices for the LCS. The highest average resale ticket price goes to the Phillies ($504) followed by the Giants ($375), Rangers ($310), and then the aforementioned Yankees.
NLCS tickets, for the entire series, are averaging $447, which is 50 percent higher than the ALCS average ticket price of $298.
As far as individual games go, according to FanSnap, the hottest games by a sizeable margin in the LCS are both in Philadelphia where Game 7 is averaging $575 and Game 1 featuring Lincecum vs Halladay is running at an average of $552.
Below is a breakdown of prices, by club, for LCS tickets on the resale market as tracked by FanSnap:
- Average = $504
- Lowest price = $160
- Diamond Club seats start at $770 and average $1,174
- Infield seats start at $400 and average $620.
- Baseline tickets start at $350 and average $499
- Outfield tickets start at $300 and average $443
- Average = $371
- Lowest price = $120
- Lexus Dugout Club seats start at $1,398 and average $1,565
- Field Club seats start at $650 and average $1,138.
- Club Infield tickets start at $450 and average $690
- Bleachers tickets start at $150 and average $239
- Average = $315
- Lowest price = $85
- Premium Infield seats start at $518 and average $1,059
- Lower Infield seats start at $379 and average $563.
- Corner Box tickets start at $138 and average $350
- Bleacher tickets start at $150 and average $215
- Average = $276
- Lowest price = $114
- Legends seats start at $1,844 and average $3,077
- Field Dugout seats start at $515 and average $896.
- Field Outfiled tickets start at $185 and average $400
- Bleacher tickets start at $120 and average $170
Maury Brown is the Founder and President of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball and The Biz of Hockey, as well as a contributor to FanGraphs and Forbes SportsMoney. He is available for hire or freelance. Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
Follow The Biz of Baseball on Twitter