Written by The Staff
Thursday, 16 November 2006 15:12
On the final day of the GM Meetings, the following transactions took place:
- The White Sox acquired right-hander David Aardsma and left-hander Carlos Vasquez from the Cubs for left-hander Neal Cotts in the first trade between the Chicago rivals since 1998, when the White Sox got Jon Garland for reliever Matt Karchner.
- The Tigers kept first baseman Sean Casey, agreeing to a $4 million, one-year contract.
- The Cardinals retained Scott Spiezio, agreeing to a $4.5 million, two-year contract with the reserve infielder and outfielder.
- The Mets and backup infielder Damion Easley agreed to an $850,000, one-year deal.
- The Rangers and backup catcher Miguel Ojeda, who was eligible for arbitration, agreed to a $430,000, one-year contact.
- GMs agreed to start batting practice 15 min. later to allow more fans to watch their favorite players take cuts in the batting cage.
- The Blue Jays are near a 2-year deal for Frank Thomas.
- The Astros have interest in Carlos Lee and Alfonso Soriano. Soriano may fetch a 7-year, $120 million deal, which would prevent the Astros from claiming both players.
- The A's are showing interest in Barry Bonds now that Thomas seems bound for Toronto.