TBS continues to see solid ratings with its¬†exclusive coverage of the 2009 MLB¬†Division Series (LDS), averaging a 3.1 U.S. household rating, up 15%, and a 15% increase in total viewers (4,525,000 vs.¬†3,929,000) over the first two days of the 2008¬†LDS.¬† The LDS has averaged 3,526,000 households over the first two days of the 2009 LDS on TBS, marking the best two day average for the start of the Division Series since 2005.¬† Day two of the LDS featured the Colorado Rockies @ Philadelphia Phillies (Game #2), St. Louis Cardinals @ Los Angeles Dodgers (Game #2) and the Boston Red Sox @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (Game #1).
- For TBS‚Äô two days of MLB Postseason coverage, the network has seen significant growth in all key demos, including:
- A18-34:¬†+17%¬†963,000 this year vs.¬†824,000 in 2008
- A18-49:¬†¬†+9%¬†2,003,000 vs.¬†1,831,000
- A25-54:¬†¬†+7%¬†2,041,000 vs.¬†1,899,000
- M18-49:¬†¬†+10%¬†1,441,000 vs.¬†1,315,000
- M25-54:¬†¬†+6%¬†1,473,000 vs.¬†1,386,000
- The past three days have been TBS' most watched of 2009 in primetime, with its exclusive coverage of the MLB tiebreaker game on Oct. 6, followed by the first two days of the LDS on Oct. 7 and Oct. 8.
- TBS‚Äôs exclusive coverage of the LDS delivered strong local market results, including:
- The Rockies/Phillies Game #2 delivered a 15.2 rating in the Philadelphia market and a 9.2 rating in the Denver market.
- The Cardinals/Dodgers Game #2 delivered a 18.3¬†rating in the St. Louis market and a 6.5¬†rating in the Los Angeles market.
- The Red Sox/Angels Game #1 delivered a 13.2 rating in the Boston market and a 8.0 rating in the Los Angeles market.
The MLB Postseason on TBS continues today with a doubleheader coverage featuring Game #2 between the Minnesota Twins and the New York Yankees at 6 p.m. (ET), followed by Game #2 of the Boston Red Sox @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 9:30 p.m. (ET). ¬†TBS MLB on Deck will lead off the coverage with a 30-minute pre-game beginning at 5:30 p.m. (ET).¬† Inside MLB presented by Captain Morgan will conclude TBS‚Äôs daily coverage, following the completion of the Red Sox/Angels game.
Source: Based on Nielsen Media Research,¬†Live + Same Day data.¬†MLB League Divisional Series¬†through Day 2:¬†TBS, 10/07/09 - 10/08/09 vs. 10/01/08¬†- 10/02/08.
OTHER NEWS FROM THE BUSINESS OF SPORTS NETWORK
(THE BIZ OF FOOTBALL)
(THE BIZ OF HOCKEY)
(THE BIZ OF BASKETBALL)
Maury Brown is the Founder and President of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball and The Biz of Hockey. He is available for hire or freelance. Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.
Don't forget to register and log in on The Biz of Baseball site to get updates via your in-box, and see information only logged in members can see.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
Follow The Biz of Baseball on Twitter
Follow the Business of Sports Network on Facebook