If you love baseball. If you work in the front office of a minor league or MLB club. If you're a researcher, or someone that simply wants to keep abreast of baseball as a business, then The Biz of Baseball is designed for you.
Up until now, there have been resources for all sports business, but BoB.com marks the first all inclusive location for news, interviews, data, and articles dedicated to just the game of baseball and the business that drives it.
In a competitive industry, we provide a one-stop location for business of baseball news. Get updates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days. Be it through reporting of the day's news, or through features such as our News Feeds, you'll be up to date.
Register and get updates to your in-box. Get a feel for what others in the sports business industry are thinking through our online polls. Read interviews with those that work in baseball, check reviews on business of baseball books, access our extensive documents library, or read articles or columns. We hope you enjoy!
Not only is Biz of Baseball an ever increasingly popular resource directly, USA Today enjoys our coverage so much, we syndicate to their website (click on the image to the right to see a screenshot of what BoB.com content looks like on USA Today). Biz of Baseball.com content is viewed over 2,000,000 a month on USA Today. With that, and direct viewership growing at more than 200% a month and reaching 1,000,000 directly, why not consider advertising with us?
The Biz of Baseball is part of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball, and The Biz of Hockey.
What others are saying about The Biz of Baseball
"Just when we were hoping for a sequel to¬†Lords of The Realm, John Helyar's¬†seminal book on the¬†baseball business, along comes Maury Brown's The Biz of Baseball.¬†¬†This site is packed with news, views and data.¬† It's a¬†daily must-read for those in baseball who need to know; for researchers and academics who want to know; and for fans, like me,¬†who just wish to know.¬† The Biz of Baseball has it all."
- Peter Bavasi - Former president, Blue Jays & Indians; general manager, Padres; member, MLB Executive Council;¬†president, ESPN/SportsTicker; managing partner, Yuba-Sutter Gold Sox
- "Maury Brown's coverage of the business of baseball is the quickest, and best way I know for fans to stay on top of all the issues that their local newspaper can only hope to touch on. He makes burning issues in distant cities instantly relevant to fans' local concerns."
- Stan Kasten - President Washington Nationals
- "Sometimes it seems like you need a business degree to understand Major League Baseball, but not to worry. The Biz of Baseball¬†explains things more clearly than any professor could."
- Ken Rosenthal - Fox Sports
- "The Biz Of Baseball is a great resource for those that work within MLB or the Minor leagues. It provides timely news and resources for those that work in professional baseball."
- Tal Smith - President of Baseball Operations - Houston Astros
- "Until somebody figures out a way to resurrect Branch Rickey, Maury Brown knows more about the baseball biz than any man alive."
- Rob Neyer - ESPN Senior Baseball Writer and Author
- "Maury Brown is one of the few analysts that can breakdown the economics of the game¬†with clarity and precision.¬† The Biz of Baseball is a must-read for the well-informed fan."
- Alex Belth - Author, and SI.com baseball writer
- "Few people outside of Bud Selig's inner circle know more about the business of baseball than Maury Brown. I learn something every time I talk to the guy. He's one of the best independent voices on the complex issues surrounding our national game, and his interviews with baseball's most important figures are always a good read."
- Tim Lemke - Sports Business reporter, The Washington Times
- "Maury Brown and The Biz of Baseball have got the goods. Their coverage of the business of baseball news is as comprehensive and intelligent as there is."
- Andrew Zimbalist - Sports Economist and Author
- "This site is a cross between the best sports news sites and Baseball-Reference.com for fans who want to know everything and anything related to the business of baseball. Maury Brown regularly spots important trends in the game long before they occur to the folks in the stadium press boxes. The site has great interviews with some of the key movers and shakers of baseball and his database of key documents about the business side of the game is unmatched. This is an invaluable bookmark for anyone who follows how the dollars and cents of baseball affect the wins and losses on the field.‚ÄĚ
- Chris Isidore, author of SportsBiz column and senior writer, CNNMoney.com
- "Baseball is lucky to have Maury Brown and the BizOfBaseball around. His knowledge and love for the game is what we need. If I were still operating in the game he would have been my General Manager and we would probably be playing in October."
- Buzzie Bavasi, former president and GM of the Dodgers, Angels and Padres
- ‚ÄúAndrew Zimbalist brought the business of baseball discussion to the forefront, but Maury Brown and the Biz of Baseball are taking it mainstream.¬† BizofBaseball.com has the most in-depth business of baseball coverage daily.‚ÄĚ
- Brent S. Gambill, Producer, MLB Home Plate XM 175, Baseball Beat with Charley Steiner