Written by Maury Brown
Thursday, 06 December 2007 11:01
While The Biz of Baseball has been tracking Trades and Free Agent signings, we haven't reported every transaction that has occurred this off-season. Fear not, we can at least provide you with every transaction that has occurred up to 3pm ET today at the winter meetings.
Here is a break down of all the transactions from the 2007 Winter Meetings:
- Arizona Diamondbacks – Acquired INF Chris Carter from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for OF Carlos Quentin.
- Baltimore Orioles – Signed C Guillermo Quiroz to a one-year contract.
- Chicago White Sox – Acquired OF Carlos Quentin from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for INF Chris Carter. Designated LHP Heath Phillips for assignment.
- New York Yankees – Signed C Jose Molina to a two-year contract. Designated INF Andy Phillips for assignment.
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Claimed INF Josh Wilson off waivers from the Tampa Bay Rays. Claimed Ty Taubenheim off waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays. Designated INF Brad Eldred and RHP Brian Rogers for assignment.
- Tampa Bay Rays – Acquired LHP Glenn Gibson from the Washington Nationals in exchange for OF Elijah Dukes.
- Washington Nationals – Acquired OF Elijah Dukes from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for LHP Glenn Gibson
- Atlanta Braves – Acquired LHP Will Ohman and INF Omar Infante from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for RHP Jose Ascanio. Designated OF Willie Harris for assignment.
- Chicago Cubs – Acquired RHP Jose Ascanio from the Atlanta Braves in exchange for LHP Will Ohman and INF Omar Infante.
- Colorado Rockies – Acquired RHP Jose Capellan from the Detroit Tigers in exchange for RHP Denny Bautista.
- Detroit Tigers – Acquired RHP Denny Bautista from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for RHP Jose Capellan.
- Kansas City Royals – Released RHP Colby Lewis.
- Milwaukee Brewers – Signed LHP Chris Narveson and RHP Scott Cassidy to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training.
- Minnesota Twins – Sent INF Chris Basak outright to Rochester (AAA).
- Cincinnati Reds – Signed RHP Jon Adkins, Johnny Cueto, Justin Lehr, Tom Sheam, LHP Matt Maloney, C Alvin Colina and Chris Kroski and OF Jay Bruce to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training. Placed IF Jorge Cantu on unconditional release waivers. Traded OF Buck Coats to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash.
- Detroit Tigers – Acquired LHP Dontrelle Willis and INF Miguel Cabrera from the Florida Marlins in exchange for RHP Burke Badenhop, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahem, LHP Andrew Miller, C Mike Rabelo and OF Cameron Maybin.
- Florida Marlins – Acquired RHP Burke Badenhop, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahem, LHP Andrew Miller, C Mike Rabelo and OF Cameron Maybin from the Detroit Tigers in exchange for LHP Dontrelle Willis and INF Miguel Cabrera.
- Milwaukee Brewers – Signed RHP David Riske to a three-year contract. Designated OF Laynce Nix for assignment.
- New York Yankees – Acquired RHP Jonathan Albaladejo from the Washington Nationals in exchange for RHP Tyler Clippard.
- Philadelphia Phillies – Released RHP Julio Mateo.
- San Diego Padres – Sold the rights to OF Termel Sledge to the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan’s Pacific League in exchange for cash considerations.
- St. Louis Cardinals – Released OF So Taguchi.
- Toronto Blue Jays – Acquired INF/OF Buck Coats from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
- Washington Nationals – Released LHP Billy Traber and Justin Jones.
- Chicago Cubs – Acquired RHP Tim Lahey from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for cash considerations.
- Kansas City Royals – Agreed to terms on a three-year contract with OF Jose Guillen.
- Oakland Athletics – Claimed LHP Jay Marshall off waivers from the Boston Red Sox.
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Released INF Jose Castillo.
- San Diego Padres – Acquired RHP Carlos Guevara from the Florida Marlins for cash considerations.
- Texas Rangers – Acquired INF Chris Shelton from the Detroit Tigers in exchange for OF Freddy Guzman.
- Toronto Blue Jays – Released RHP Ryan Houston.
- Washington Nationals – Signed free agent INF Aaron Boone to a one-year contract. Signed OF Wily Mo Pena and Ryan Langerhans each to a one-year contract.
(Source: Major League Baseball)
Maury Brown is the founder and president of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football and The Biz of Basketball (The Biz of Hockey will be launching shortly). He is also an author for Baseball Prospectus, Basketball Prospectus and is an available writer for other media outlets.
Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.