Written by Maury Brown
Friday, 30 November 2007 11:39
Can't make it to the Winter Meetings next week? MLB.com, will provide baseball fans with expansive live video coverage of the annual Baseball Winter Meetings from Nashville, Tenn., via its offseason subscription package, which is available at the following location. The broadcasts will commence from Music City USA on Monday, December 3 at 11:00 a.m. EST with the live announcement of the results from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum 2008 Veterans Committee election.
Among the Winter Meetings programming highlights on MLB.com are: exclusive interviews with every Major League manager in attendance; live video of every press conference; breaking news updates; expert analysis from former Major Leaguers Harold Reynolds, Jim Leyritz, John Marzano and Billy Sample and former Los Angeles Dodgers general manager Fred Claire (read The Biz of Baseball interview with Claire); and exclusive pick-by- pick coverage of the 2008 Rule 5 Draft beginning at 10:00 a.m. EST on Thursday, December 6.
Additional benefits to offseason package subscribers include:
- On-Demand Video and Audio - Re-live the many milestone performances,great games and dramatic finishes from the regular and postseason in their entirety on-demand or utilize the video linescore feature to view any half-inning from any game in 2007.
- Text Message Alerts - Text alerts delivered directly to a mobile phone provide instant access to offseason information, including breaking news, trades and free agent signings.
- Spring Training - Live video and audio broadcasts of select Spring Training games from the Grapefruit League or the Cactus League as players prepare for Opening Day 2008.
- Arizona Fall League - Subscribers can access on-demand video broadcasts produced by MLB.com from the prestigious prospect league, including the 2007 AFL Championship.
- Hawaii Winter Baseball - On-demand video broadcasts of select games from the island development league in which the Yankees' Joba Chamberlain made his pro debut in 2006.
- MLB.com shop discount - Receive a 10% discount off the next purchase from the MLB.com shop. Offer expires on April 5, 2008.
- MLB.TV Dreamseat Sweepstakes - All subscribers are automatically entered in the sweepstakes where one grand prize winner will receive a Dreamseat Team Home Theater Recliner (estimated value - $1000). Deadline for entry is November 30, 2007.
Maury Brown is the founder and president of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football and The Biz of Basketball (The Biz of Hockey will be launching shortly). He is also an author for Baseball Prospectus, Basketball Prospectus and is an available writer for other media outlets.
Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network.