Home Radio WNST and Orioles Dispute Credentialing

Like Shoot to Thrill - An AC/DC Tribute on Facebook!

An authentic tribute of AC/DC that covers the best of the Bon Scott era and the best of Brian Johnson's material

Who's Online?

We have 1294 guests online

Atom RSS

WNST and Orioles Dispute Credentialing PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Written by Maury Brown   
Tuesday, 10 April 2007 06:42

OriolesWNST-AM 1570 radio, and specifically Nestor “Nasty” Aparicio, claimed yesterday that they were denied access to Camden Yards and the Orioles for the upcoming 2007 season.

"Their first home game is hours away and the only communication we've received from the Orioles is that our credential application is 'being reviewed.',” Aparicio said.

The Orioles dispute that claim and say that WNST has been granted access.

WNST was provided the same access they were given last year,” said Greg Barter, director of communications for the Orioles. “The same individuals who were credentialed last year have been credentialed again this year.”

Aparicio was not credentialed last season, and according to the Orioles, did not file a request for one.

Aparicio, the nephew of former Oriole shortstop and Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio, claims that WNST has covered the Orioles since 1992, and are being rebuffed due to his criticism of owner Peter Angelos. Last season, Aparicio organized a mass protest in which somewhere between 2,000 and “several hundred” fans left during a mid-week afternoon game against the Detroit Tigers at Camden Yards. He has been a critic of Peter Angelos on the air for several years.

"It's just amazing that every single year, when you think it can't get any worse, it does," Aparicio said.

 Tell Us What You Think. Add Your Comments

 
 
Banner

Poll

Should MLB Force Jeffery Loria to Sell the Marlins?