As reported yesterday, MLB, and the 30 associated clubs have officially begun to lobby fans with ticket structures and special promotions in an attempt to lure fans during the economic downturn. WIth gas prices creating traveling dilemmas, fans, now more than ever seem to be choosing to watch games from the comfort of their homes instead of going to the ballpark.
With MLB working to break their all-time attendance record again, clubs are pulling out the stops to get you to the games.
Case in point, the Texas Rangers.
The Rangers announced today that they are offering several ticket promotions to bring fans closer to the game and help make family entertainment more affordable during difficult economic times.
“We understand that Rangers fans might feel behind in the count to rising fuel costs, and we want to make life a little easier for you,” team president Nolan Ryan said. “With assistance from our partners at RaceTrac, we are pleased to introduce a program that helps offset these costs during difficult times of increased fuel charges.”
Texas Rangers Gas Giveaway with RaceTrac
- Order tickets at texasrangers.com/gas and receive one complimentary $5 RaceTrac gas card with each ticket purchased. Offer is available for all remaining June and July games and is valid for seats regularly-priced from $15 to $50 ($19 to $59 for premier games). Also available by calling 972-RANGERS. No walk-up orders accepted.
- RaceTrac gift cards are valid for any purchase at RaceTrac and can be redeemed at any location nationwide with no expiration date.
In addition to the RaceTrac Gas Giveaway, the Rangers have many promotional specials available that allow for an inexpensive outing at Rangers Ballpark. One offer allows area teachers an opportunity to enjoy summer as much as their students, as teachers can attend any Sunday through Friday game in June or July for free. Families can also take advantage of outstanding family packs offering tickets plus food for four or more at one low price.
Ryan continues, “Teachers work long hours during the school year teaching our children. They deserve a pat on the back and a break in the summer. That’s why every teacher can attend Rangers games all summer for free by showing a teacher’s ID card along with a photo ID. It’s our way of saying thanks.”
Free Rangers Tickets for Teachers
- For all remaining Sunday through Friday games in June and July, teachers can present their Teacher ID at any ticket window at Rangers Ballpark and receive one free ticket in any seating area. Offer is not available via phone or internet.
Free Kid Tuesdays
- Tickets for kids 13 and under are free in all seating sections for Tuesday home games, excluding June 17 and August 5. One free child ticket is available with every full-price adult ticket purchased.
Coca-Cola Rangers Family Pack
- Rangers Family Packs include four tickets, four Hebrew National jumbo hot dogs and four 24-ounce Coca-Cola soft drinks for one low price (additional person discounts available).
- Three seating options are available: Upper Reserved for $60, Lower Reserved for $80 and Corner Box for $110. Offer is available at texasrangers.com with code COKE, via phone or at box office with the coupon received at Kroger when a two liter of any Coca-Cola product is purchased. Excludes August 4-7 and September 5-7.
Additionally, the Rangers will be hosting Father’s Day with Nolan Ryan on Sunday, June 15 from 1:00-4:00p.m. Participating fans in this sold out event will be able to play catch in the outfield, run the bases, hit wiffle balls in the Coca-Cola Sports Park, take photos from the dugout and get a behind-the-scenes tour of the ballpark. There will also be a question and answer session with Hall of Famer and Rangers President Nolan Ryan, an opportunity to meet Texas Rangers Hall of Famer and EVP Jim Sundberg, and lunch from Spring Creek Barbeque.
Source: Texas Rangers press release